Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
AP PHOTO•Pistol Pete, Oklahoma State: Long before he stuck in Sunny Golloway's craw by dancing on the AT&T Bricktown Ballpark dugout, Pete was a wanted man in Norman. •Bevo the Longhorn, Texas: It's not nice to hate animals. But in the case of this bovine, OU fans will make an exception. •The Leprechaun, Notre Dame: No matter how red his hair is, the fighting Irishman will never find a friend in these parts — not even at O'Connell's. •Captain Cane, Tulsa: It's not that Sooner fans have anything against Tulsans. It's just that Captain Cane's head looks more like a beehive than an Oklahoma twister. •The Oregon Duck, Oregon: Where to begin? He looks like a Donald Duck clone, and YouTube video confirms he shares a similar temper. Oh yeah, and he's from Oregon.
Mascots Sooner fans love... to hate
Boomer and Sooner might be growing on Oklahoma fans, but there are some mascots the Sooner Nation will never cheer for.Here's a list of which mascots get the crimson blood boiling:
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort