Mashed Potatoes for 12
The beauty of mashed potatoes is in making them the day before and reheating.I like to keep the pan of drained, cooked potatoes in the refrigerator until ready to reheat, mash and serve. The cooling of the cooked potatoes makes fluffier mashed potatoes. The starch molecules tend to explode when reheated, making a fluffier mashed potato. This way, they can be mostly made the day before. I have discovered the hard way that potatoes other than Russets or Yukon Gold tend to whip into a gloppy wheat paste of unappetizing goo. Get out that potato masher for best results or beat minimally with a hand mixer on very low speed.
Videoview all videos
Nov 11Sherrel shows Angi how to make buttery quick rolls for...
Nov 11Sherrel Jones and Angi Bruss make mashed potatoes for...
Nov 11Sherrel Jones and Angi Bruss make sweet potatoes for...
Nov 11Learn how to put together some delicious green beans for...
Nov 11Learn how to prepare delicious cranberry sauce for...
Photoview all 10 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater