Mavericks announce signing of guard O.J. Mayo
DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Mavericks have announced the signing of O.J. Mayo three days after the free agent shooting guard posted a message on his Twitter account that he was joining the team.
In a statement released Thursday the Mavericks said they weren't disclosing the terms of the deal with the 6-foot-4, 210-pound West Virginian.
Mayo averaged 15.2 points in 301 games over the past four seasons with the Memphis Grizzlies. He was the third overall pick in the 2008 draft by Minnesota, who then traded him to Memphis in a seven-player deal.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims