McLoud man sentenced to life in prison in toddler's death
An Oklahoma man was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison for killing a 3-year-old boy after the child urinated on his floor.
SHAWNEE — A McLoud man convicted of killing a toddler in October 2010 after the boy urinated on a carpet will spend the rest of his life in prison.
Jason William Cline, 28, pleaded guilty last month to the murder of Cody Paul Chama, 3.
A court official said Cline was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison.
Cline was charged with Cody's death after the boy's mother, Amanda Cheek, returned from a doctor's appointment and found her son vomiting with a rug burn on his forehead. He stopped breathing and later died.
Cheek testified that Cline told her Cody had urinated on the floor and Cline “rubbed his nose in it.”
Cody suffered a severe brain injury and died of blunt force trauma according to the state medical examiner.
Cheek and her son lived with Cline and his two daughters in McLoud.
Cody also lived part time with his father, Paul Chama, of Ponca City, who shared custody of the boy with his mother.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims