McLoud teacher resigns amid claims of improper student photos
A third-grade teacher at McLoud Elementary School has resigned. Police in the central Oklahoma town are investigating allegations she asked female students to pose in underwear for photos and video.
Photoview all 13 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
A woman who answered Crain's telephone Tuesday morning would not identify herself but said Crain was not available for comment.
FBI Special Agent Clayton Simmonds said police have requested the FBI's help in the case.
“We will assist Shawnee police in their investigation and determine if there are any violations that can be pursued in federal court,” Simmonds said. “Then we will work with prosecutors to see what venue is a better avenue to pursue charges if the allegations are true.”
Smith said the resignation has caused a bit of a disruption at the elementary school, and a counselor is available for any students who need to talk about what happened.
Smith said he will meet with the principals of the school Tuesday to decide how to fill the open position. A substitute teacher will take over her classroom of about 20 students in the meantime.
Smith said many parents and students are shocked because the allegation “came out of the blue.”
“The vibe of the parents is they liked her and she was doing a good job,” Smith said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena