Meddling in sports is routine for Congress
NewsOK Related Articles
Now it's Durbin's turn. An Illinois colleague from the other side of the aisle, U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh, pointed out that continued high unemployment and the nation's $15.6 trillion debt were among the issues that demand real attention from Congress. “This is political grandstanding at its worst,” Walsh said.
Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., took to Twitter to blast Durbin: “#senate hasn't passed a #budget in almost 3 yrs but is going to have hearings on #bounties in #nfl?” Well said.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 64379Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31540Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30680Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 16244Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7370Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6239Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4310Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman