Media notebook: Doug Gottlieb to debut as NCAA Tournament announcer
Gottlieb, a former Oklahoma State guard, will work with Spero Dedes and Jaime Maggio for the second and third rounds
Former OSU guard Doug Gottlieb will make his debut as a broadcaster in the NCAA Tournament, working with play-by-play announcer Spero Dedes and reporter Jaime Maggio. Gottlieb also will serve as a studio analyst.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Other newcomers are courtside reporters Allie LaForce, who teams with Gottlieb on the CBS Sports Network's “Lead Off” show, and Rachel Nichols, a former ESPN reporter.
For the third consecutive year Jim Nantz, Clark Kellogg, Steve Kerr and reporter Tracy Wolfson will team up for the Final Four and final, set for April 6-8 from Atlanta. The tournament tips off March 19-20 with the First Four from Dayton, Ohio. Marv Albert, Kerr and reporter Craig Sager will call the March 19 games.
For the third consecutive year, CBS Sports and Turner Sports will provide live coverage of all 67 games across four networks: TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV.
Here are the announcer pairings for the second and third rounds (March 21-24). The first four teams listed also will call the Sweet 16 rounds:
Nantz, Kellogg, Wolfson.
Albert, Kerr, Sager.
Verne Lundquist, Bill Raftery, Nichols.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M