Mediator orders Gilbert to rehire former official
GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) — A mediator has ordered Gilbert to rehire and provide retroactive back pay to a water manager who was fired when it was discovered that the Phoenix suburb's water hadn't been fluoridated for a long time.
The Arizona Republic (http://bit.ly/XRMtro ) reports that mediator Steven Guttell declared that Chris Ochs' was unfairly terminated last September.
Ochs said he shut off the town's fluoridation system over a year earlier because of malfunctions but that he'd told his superior.
Guttell says the firing of Ochs should be overturned because there was disparity in how Ochs and his superior were treated. The superior was allowed to retire.
Fluoridation helps fight tooth decay.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater