Oklahoma City mentoring program aims to keep students in school
In the middle of a rough neighborhood, the Oklahoma City Police Athletic League’s mentoring program provides a safe zone for students ages 11 to 15.
Just outside the Oklahoma City Police Athletic League Center in south Oklahoma City, prostitutes walk by on a regular basis, retired police Capt. Phil Carr said.
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in