Mercy Clinic to open facility on Oklahoma Christian University campus
Clinic aims to serve students with primary care on Oklahoma Christian University campus.
Mercy Clinic plans to open a permanent clinic early next year on the campus of Oklahoma Christian University.
The planned facility, called Mercy Clinic at OC, will offer students general primary care such as sutures, flu shots, sports physicals and breathing treatments.
“We remember what it's like to live on campus,” said Dr. Melinda Cail, medical director at the planned clinic. “Students have enough to worry about, so we want to make health care as simple as it can be — and part of that is geography. We want to bring health care within walking distance for these students.”
The clinic will be at 2801 E Memorial Road, Suite 140. Until then, students can schedule appointments at nearby Mercy Clinic Edmond Memorial, at 1919 E Memorial Road, by visiting the registration desk in the student union, or by calling 425-6100.
Mercy is the sixth largest Catholic health care system in the U.S. and serves more than 3 million people annually. Mercy includes 31 hospitals and nearly 300 outpatient facilities in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Mercy Clinic is a physician-governed group of medical providers across the states Mercy serves.
In Oklahoma, Mercy Clinic has nearly 300 providers and 64 clinics statewide.
Patients of Mercy Clinic providers can connect to their own health records and health teams on the Internet.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims