Metallica bringing its Orion Music fest to Detroit
DETROIT (AP) — Metallica, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and two-dozen other acts have signed on to play at a two-day music festival in Detroit this June.
Organizers on Monday announced the lineup for the 2013 Orion Music + More Festival, which is to be held June 8-9 on Belle Isle, an island in the middle of the Detroit River.
The inaugural Orion Music + More was held last year in Atlantic City, N.J., with headliners Metallica, Arctic Monkeys and Avenged Sevenfold.
Metallica serves as a host for the event.
Other bands set to play the festival in Detroit include Rise Against, the Deftones and the Dropkick Murphys.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister