Meteorologist David Payne leaving KFOR-4 to join KWTV-9
Payne to be eventual successor to chief meterologist Gary England
England, a Seiling native, celebrated his 40th anniversary at the station on Oct. 16. On KWTV's video tribute to him that day, he announced he had just signed a new contract with the station. “I am going to be staying a little while longer,” he said.
A recipient of numerous awards and honors, England graduated from OU with a degree in mathematics and meteorology. He is credited with implementing the world's first commercial Doppler radar, which was manufactured by Enterprise Electronics.
Weather Photo Galleriesview all
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area