Metro Detroit airport authority names chief exec
ROMULUS, Mich. (AP) — The board that runs Detroit Metropolitan and Willow Run airports has given its interim chief executive the job on a long-term basis.
The Wayne County Airport Authority on Wednesday appointed Thomas Naughton to a job that Turkia Mullen held until her removal in a scandal over her $200,000 severance payment from a previous county job.
Airport board chairwoman Mary Zuckerman says Naughton has shown strong administrative skills in his 11 months on the job.
The board dismissed Mullin last October after only two months on the job, saying she violated terms of her employment.
Mullen later repaid $135,900, the after-tax amount of her severance.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater