Oklahoma City-area library system’s summer reading program is under way
Last year, 20,000 kids participated in the summer reading program sponsored by the Metropolitan Library System, which serves the Oklahoma City area. This year’s program continues through July 31.
Schools may be on summer break, but the activity is heating up at Metropolitan Library System branches.
The summer reading program kicked off Friday, and there will be dozens of activities throughout the summer aimed at kids of all ages.
Participants can earn prizes based on how much reading they do. Six hours of reading or listening to audio books is required to move up a level. Prizes include a library backpack, a coupon book...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad