Mets get OF Cowgill from A's for minor leaguer
NEW YORK (AP) — The Mets have obtained outfielder Collin Cowgill from the Oakland Athletics for minor league infielder Jefry Marte.
The 26-year-old Cowgill hit .269 with two doubles, one homer and nine RBIs in 38 games and 104 at-bats with Oakland last season. He also batted .254 at Triple-A Sacramento with 17 doubles four homers and 37 RBIs in 61 games and 260 at-bats. Cargill made his big league debut with Arizona in 2011 and had two RBIs in the NL division series against Milwaukee.
Marte batted .251 with 20 doubles, three triples, nine homers and 59 RBIs in 129 games for Double-A Binghamton last season.
The trade was announced Tuesday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort