Mexican ambassador alludes to Fast and Furious as reason for jailing ex-Marine
Against expectations, former U.S. Marine Jon Hammar is reportedly being released, but not before the Mexican government blamed gun trafficking from the United States in a letter explaining his extended imprisonment on a technicality.
Hammar was arrested for bringing an antique shotgun into Mexico, after U.S. Customs and Border Patrol officials told him he would be able to register it with the Mexican government.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims