Mexican art museum to honor Maggie Daley
CHICAGO (AP) — The National Museum of Mexican Art plans an exhibit honoring late Chicago first lady Maggie Daley.
The museum exhibit "Maggie Daley: A Tribute by Chicago's Youth" opens Oct. 5 and runs through Feb. 17. The museum asked a group of young artists to create and curate a tribute to Daley, wife of former Chicago Mayor Richard Daley. The teens worked together for several weeks to organize the exhibition.
Last month Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced that a new 20-acre park along downtown Chicago's lakefront would be named after Maggie Daley. Daley died in November after battling breast cancer.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates