Miami CB Thomas Finnie arrested
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Miami cornerback Thomas Finnie was arrested Tuesday on charges of grand theft and burglary, and has been suspended indefinitely from the football program.
Police said Finnie surrendered to authorities one week after he allegedly entered a dorm room and stole a laptop, and has confessed.
According to the statutes cited on the arrest affidavit released by Coral Gables police, the burglary charge is a second-degree felony because the dorm room was allegedly occupied by the laptop's owner and a roommate, and the theft charge is a third-degree felony because the value of the stolen merchandise was listed between $300 and $5,000.
The university said Finnie was "immediately suspended from all University of Miami athletic activities" following the arrest. It was unknown if he had obtained an attorney.
Finnie surrendered to campus police and was taken to jail in Miami for booking, officials said, with preliminary bond amounts set at $12,500 on the burglary charge and $5,000 for the theft charge.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in