Miami finally home, set to face Bethune-Cookman
MIAMI (AP) — Only three teams played two road games in the first two weekends of this college football season. Of those, only one played against a pair of major-conference opponents.
That would be Miami.
After road trips to Boston College and Kansas State, the Hurricanes (1-1) play their home opener on Saturday against Bethune-Cookman (2-0). Bethune lost by 31 points to Miami last season but outgained the Hurricanes and has won eight straight games going back to last October.
Miami is coming off a 52-13 loss to Kansas State, and has given up an average of 42 points in the first two games of the year. And the fan base seems a little skeptical. Tickets for the Hurricanes' home opener were available Friday for under $5 on some online resale sites.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort