Michigan AD hopes to extend ND deal beyond 2020
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon says he hopes to keep playing football with Notre Dame after their contract expires in 2020.
Notre Dame announced Wednesday it's moving to the Atlantic Coast Conference other than in football.
Brandon says it's up to the Fighting Irish to decide how to schedule the rivalry. The teams meet yearly through 2017 before taking a previously scheduled hiatus in 2018-19.
Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis says he doesn't expect Notre Dame's ACC affiliation to affect their football relationship. Their contract through 2031 has them playing play four years in a row, including Saturday.
Follow Larry Lage on Twitter: http://twitter.com/larrylage
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments