Michigan starts new organ donation license plate
DETROIT (AP) — Michigan's secretary of state is launching a new license plate designed to encourage people to donate organs and tissues.
Ruth Johnson announced the Donate Life license plates Wednesday at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
The cost of the plates includes a $25 donation to promote organ donation.
Life of Michigan President Richard Pietroski says Michigan alone has more than 3,000 waiting for organ transplants. About 3 million people now are on the state's organ donation registry.
Michigan Department of State: http://www.Michigan.gov/sos
Organ donation registry: http://1.usa.gov/UWMjz2
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss