Mid-Del School Board votes to sell two elementaries
The Midwest City-Del City School Board voted unanimously Monday night to sell Sooner Rose Elementary, Traub Elementary and the eastern Oklahoma County district's enrollment building. There was no discussion before the vote, which was taken at a special board meeting.
Braelyn Polite shook his head and covered his eyes. The 12-year-old cried into his mother's shoulder. His elementary school — the one his older brother attended and his younger brother still goes to — had been put up for sale.
His mom, Nikki, wiped tears from her eyes as she talked about volunteering there with other parents.
“There's nothing wrong with that school,” she said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort