Mid-Del students practice civics lessons
Mid-Del school activities lead up to Election Day on Tuesday.
Students in the Midwest City-Del City School District caught the spirit of the election season this week with a series of civics projects, some serious and others more lighthearted, bringing attention to the importance of voting.
Highland Park Elementary fifth-graders wrote and performed rap songs about President Barack Obama and Gov. Mitt Romney. Students at Carl Albert Middle School, Pleasant Hill Elementary, Del Crest Middle School and Del City Elementary are holding mock elections, some complete with mock voter ID cards and booths set up for voting.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister