Midwest City Elks to give Christmas baskets
MIDWEST CITY -- The Midwest City Elks Lodge has scheduled its annual Christmas Basket Program for Saturday, Dec. 22, at the lodge, 8635 SE 15TH Street in Midwest City.
We will be assisted in this effort by nearly 100 volunteers representing our lodge and our sponsors, including Country Boy Market, MAACO, the Harley Owner Group (HOGS), the American Legion, the Junior League of Midwest City and others.
Workers will be finishing the basket-filling early in the morning. At 9 a.m., families will arrive to pick up their baskets.
Families will be assigned to one of a number of volunteers from the Elks, the HOGs, the Junior League and other interested volunteers.
Elks plan to give 150 baskets to needy families in the eastern Oklahoma County. Names for those families are provided by school counselors at elementary schools throughout the area, including Mid-Del, Oklahoma City, Choctaw, Harrah, and independent schools. Other names are provided by members of the Elks Lodge and other interested individuals.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister