Midwest City man arrested on a complaint of possessing child pornography
Freddy Edwards, 61, was arrested on complaints of possession of child pornography by members of the Oklahoma Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
MIDWEST CITY — A man was arrested Wednesday after officials found images of child pornography on a computer at his residence at 721 Jet Drive, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation reports.
Freddy Edwards, 61, was arrested on complaints of possession of child pornography and violation of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act.
A Guthrie police officer initiated the investigation into sharing child pornography over the Internet, according to the OSBI. Edwards sent multiple child pornography images to the officer, the OSBI reports.
Members of the Oklahoma Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force searched Edward's residence and arrested him, according to the OSBI.
Officials are investigating whether any local children were affected.
Edwards was taken to the Oklahoma County jail, and no bail has been set.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed