Midwest City man arrested on a complaint of possessing child pornography
Freddy Edwards, 61, was arrested on complaints of possession of child pornography by members of the Oklahoma Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
MIDWEST CITY — A man was arrested Wednesday after officials found images of child pornography on a computer at his residence at 721 Jet Drive, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation reports.
Freddy Edwards, 61, was arrested on complaints of possession of child pornography and violation of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act.
A Guthrie police officer initiated the investigation into sharing child pornography over the Internet, according to the OSBI. Edwards sent multiple child pornography images to the officer, the OSBI reports.
Members of the Oklahoma Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force searched Edward's residence and arrested him, according to the OSBI.
Officials are investigating whether any local children were affected.
Edwards was taken to the Oklahoma County jail, and no bail has been set.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes