Midwest City opening 2012 Holiday Lights Spectacular
MIDWEST CITY -- The annual Holiday Lights Spectacular opens at 5:30 tonight. The opening ceremony will take place at the entrance of the drive-thru, on Century Boulevard.
Scheduled appearances include the Steed Sound Machine, under the direction of Kay Dunaway and of course, Santa. In addition, there will be a count-down to turning on the lights for the 2012 holiday season.
Each year, the Joe B. Barnes Regional Park is transformed into a holiday wonderland that features over 1 million twinkling lights and 90 animated displays. The event features both secular and religious displays, sure to get you and your family in the holiday spirit.
The event will run each evening through Dec. 30. Times include: Sunday through Thursday: 6 to 10 p.m.; Friday through Saturday: 6 to 11 p.m. Carriage rides are also available each Friday through Sunday nights for a fee.
For additional information, call 739-1293 or visit www.midwestcityok.org.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M