Midwest City shooting victim identified
The victim in today's shooting was Jeff McCoy, 32, of Norman, a probation and parole officer with the Department of Corrections, authorities said.
6 p.m. update: The victim in today's shooting was Jeff McCoy, 32, of Norman, a probation and parole officer with the Oklahoma Department of Corrections, authorities said.
Videoview all videos
May 18The victim in today's shooting was Jeff McCoy, 32, of...
Photoview all 10 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
MIDWEST CITY — One man is dead after a fight in a neighborhood near Midwest City High School ended Friday when one man shot another in the head, police said.
The suspect also fired a gun at Midwest City officers when they arrived at the scene in the 1400 block of Maple Drive, causing a brief standoff Assistant Chief Sid Porter said.
Bryan Vanassche, who witnessed the shooting, said he was in his driveway when a man who had a collapsible baton, handcuffs and a gun approached his neighbor's house.
“He knocked on the door across the street and a young man answered,” Vanassche said. “The kid pushes him off the porch. It turned into some kind of fight.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater