Midwest City Soccer Shoot set for Oct. 6
MIDWEST CITY -- The weather is cooling down and football is in the air; and it’s also time for Soccer.
Midwest City Lodge 1890 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks (BPOE), will be holding its annual Soccer Shoot contest on Saturday, Oct. 6, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the AYSO Soccer Fields (Entrance on E Reno Avenue between Sooner and Sunnylane Road, in Del City.
The Elks Soccer Shootout Contest represents the skill levels of four age groups: U8 (6- and 7-year-olds), U10 (8- and 9-year-olds), U12 (10- and 11-year-olds) and U14 (12- and 13-year-olds) and is open to all interested boys and girls from area towns.
All participants must register prior to their participation. Registrations will begin at 10 a.m. There is no charge for participating in the Elks Soccer Shoot. Proof of age must be presented at time of registration.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three in each of the eight groups (four boys and four girls). There will be two different contests -- a 5-Goal Contest for U8 and U10 players and a Grid Goal Contest for U12 and U14 players.
Both contests are individual player events using a point system. Trophies will be presented to boys and girls for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. First-place winners will go on to compete in the State Soccer Shootout in Shawnee on Sunday, Oct. 21.
A concession stand will be available at the soccer fields.
It takes at least 10 volunteers to have a successful event. If you are interested in volunteering or for additional information, contact David Robitaille, soccer chairman, at 741-0131.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M