Midwest City's Veterans Day parade includes huge flag, flyover
Midwest City's Veterans Day parade stretched more than a mile along the city's busiest streets.
MIDWEST CITY — Hundreds of spectators waving small U.S. flags lined the streets along the Veterans Day parade route on Monday morning.
A flyover performed by F-16s from the 138th Fighter Wing, Oklahoma Air National Guard unit in Tulsa, also thrilled spectators.
Five veterans served as the parade's grand marshals.
Kicking off the parade was the Naval Reserve seven-story American flag carried by 100 volunteers. The flag is 50 feet by 76 feet, weighs 110 pounds and was sponsored by the Midwest City Chapter of Disabled American Veterans.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort