Mike Gundy helps OSU remain in spotlight despite bye week
STILLWATER — Sporting a suit and an orange tie while sitting alongside Rece Davis, Lou Holtz and Mark May, Mike Gundy was all over your television as a guest analyst during ESPN's and ABC's college football coverage Saturday.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
He broke down what makes Nebraska's Taylor Martinez a dangerous running quarterback and the keys behind the Cowboys' comeback win at Texas A&M the previous week. He praised Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore and Georgia Tech's option attack.
And yes, he joked about his locker room dance moves that had surfaced on the Internet earlier in the week and assured his fellow analysts that the routine was not an audition for Dancing with the Stars, another ABC program.
“I only have one move,” Gundy said.
I'm sure Gundy would have much rather spent his Saturday off studying film or spending time with his family. But he was smart. Despite the bye, Gundy and OSU did everything they could to keep the Cowboys at the forefront following one of the biggest victories in school history.
Granted, OSU did drop from No. 5 to No. 6 in The Associated Press poll on Sunday. But that had everything to do with Wisconsin's brilliance against Nebraska (and perhaps another second-half flop by A&M) and nothing to do with the Cowboys.
ESPN has especially taken a liking to OSU this season, which is another example of the national respect this program has gained.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction