Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The junior-college middle linebacker came to Norman with much fanfare as the top prospect out of the 2007 recruiting class. But Reed never made an impact on the field and was beaten out on the depth chart by Curtis Lofton, who would eventually be named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year. Sooner coach Bob Stoops said earlier this month that Ryan Reynolds would be given a chance this spring to replace Lofton at middle linebacker. OU also signed junior-college transfer Mike Balogun, who is expected to be on campus in the summer.
Mike Reed no longer on OU football team
NORMAN — The Mike Reed era at Oklahoma has officially ended.The OU sports information office confirmed Monday morning that Reed is no longer on the Sooner football team.
NewsOK Related Articles
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims