Millwood basketball player Karisma Taylor to be taken off life support Friday
A 15-year-old Millwood basketball player who has been comatose since Monday will be taken off life support on Friday, KOCO-TV is reporting.
Karisma Taylor was still listed in critical condition at the University of Oklahoma Children's Hospital early Friday afternoon, said Dennis Gimmel, hospital spokesman.
NewsOK Related Articles
KOCO-TV is reporting that Taylor is being left on a ventilator until her family can see her. Doctors say she will be taken off the ventilator later Friday, the TV station reported on its website.
Taylor, a freshman, passed out after a freshman basketball game on Monday and was rushed to the hospital. Taylor complained of being unable to breathe in practice and later was found unconscious and foaming at the mouth in the back entrance of the school gym, KOCO-TV reported.
Karisma's mother, Teanesa Taylor, told KOCO-TV that her daughter had severe asthma attacks in the past. Millwood schools released a statement saying the incident was under investigation.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11884OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7018Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5955Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5764Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4633Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4517Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers