Millwood basketball player Karisma Taylor to be taken off life support Friday
A 15-year-old Millwood basketball player who has been comatose since Monday will be taken off life support on Friday, KOCO-TV is reporting.
Karisma Taylor was still listed in critical condition at the University of Oklahoma Children's Hospital early Friday afternoon, said Dennis Gimmel, hospital spokesman.
NewsOK Related Articles
KOCO-TV is reporting that Taylor is being left on a ventilator until her family can see her. Doctors say she will be taken off the ventilator later Friday, the TV station reported on its website.
Taylor, a freshman, passed out after a freshman basketball game on Monday and was rushed to the hospital. Taylor complained of being unable to breathe in practice and later was found unconscious and foaming at the mouth in the back entrance of the school gym, KOCO-TV reported.
Karisma's mother, Teanesa Taylor, told KOCO-TV that her daughter had severe asthma attacks in the past. Millwood schools released a statement saying the incident was under investigation.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister