Milwaukee couple convicted of Medicaid fraud
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Two people from Milwaukee involved in a medical transportation company have been convicted of Medicaid fraud.
Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen says Joseph Roberts and Tracy Roberts were each convicted of party to medical assistance fraud. They operated Community Transportation.
Tracy Roberts is listed as the owner of the company and is a certified Medicaid provider of transportation services. She was placed on one year of probation.
Joseph Roberts was on a federal exclusion list for prior convictions of Medicaid fraud. It prohibited him from working for a Medicaid provider. The complaint says Joseph Roberts provided the transportation services for the company.
His sentencing is scheduled February 28, 2013.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims