Minnesota C Mottla out for season
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota center Zach Mottla will miss the rest of the season with a broken left leg.
Coach Jerry Kill says Mottla had surgery to repair the injury and is in good spirits. It's the latest blow to an injury-ravaged offensive line. Mottla was filling in at center against Illinois for starter Jon Christensen, who left the game with a high ankle sprain.
Starting left tackle Ed Olson and left guard Tommy Olson are struggling with injuries as well.
Zac Epping moved over from guard to center to snap the ball to freshman quarterback Philip Nelson. Kill says Epping will likely be the starter against Nebraska on Saturday unless Christensen shows some dramatic improvement in practice this week.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims