Minnesota WR McDonald hospitalized for tests
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota freshman wide receiver Andre McDonald has been hospitalized.
Gophers spokesman Paul Rovnak said McDonald was undergoing tests Thursday afternoon but had no further information on the nature or severity of McDonald's condition. But McDonald told the Minnesota Daily student newspaper in a phone interview he "had a little problem" with his heart.
McDonald was one of the team's top recruits this year, from Hopkins High School in the Minneapolis suburbs. He played in the season opener at UNLV and caught one pass, but he scraped his leg on the turf and developed an infection. McDonald didn't play in either of Minnesota's last two games.
The Gophers play Syracuse at home on Saturday night.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes