Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Miss Edmond Liberty Fest wins Miss Oklahoma title
Alicia Clifton — who competed as Miss Edmond LibertyFest — was crowned Saturday night. Collins says Clifton is a junior at the University of Oklahoma who emphasized a platform of "lifelong volunteerism." The Oklahoma City resident won a $16,000 scholarship.
TULSA, Okla. (AP) — A 20-year-old broadcast journalism major has won the 2012 title of Miss Oklahoma. Pageant spokeswoman Mollie Collins says Alicia Clifton — who competed as Miss Edmond LibertyFest — was crowned Saturday night.Collins says Clifton is a junior at the University of Oklahoma who emphasized a platform of "lifelong volunteerism." The Oklahoma City resident won a $16,000 scholarship. Miss Oklahoma State Fair, 24-year-old Damaris Pierce, was the first-runner up. She won $7,000. Veronica Wisniewski, the 20-year-old Miss Frontier County from Oklahoma City, took second runner-up and a $4,000 scholarship. Miss Eastern Oklahoma County, 23-year-old Megan Johnson, was the third runner-up, taking $3,000. And fourth runner-up Sarah Klein, the 20-year-old Miss Tulsa, won $2,000. The pageant was held at the Mabee Center at Oral Roberts University.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17094Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9372Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9356Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6811Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6759Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6251Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit