Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton wins talent competition
Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton won with a tap dance performance.
LAS VEGAS — Miss Oklahoma and Miss South Carolina have racked up prizes in the first day of preliminary Miss America competition in Las Vegas.
Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton's tap dance performance to “Money Can't Buy Me Love” earned her top honors Tuesday night at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. The 21-year-old from Oklahoma City, who was the 2011 winner of the Miss Edmond LibertyFest pageant before she was crowned Miss Oklahoma, will take home a $2,000 Amway scholarship.
Miss South Carolina Ali Rogers took the trophy for the first round of the Lifestyle and Fitness category after modeling a white Catalina swimsuit. The 20-year-old from Laurens, S.C., will take home a $1,000 Amway scholarship.
Contestants are divided into three groups and compete in different categories during three nights of preliminaries. Their scores will factor in the finals, which will be broadcast live on Saturday.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort