Missing journalist's family to travel to Beirut

Associated Press Modified: November 1, 2012 at 3:34 pm •  Published: November 1, 2012
Advertisement
;

HOUSTON (AP) — The family of a freelance journalist who disappeared while covering the war in Syria plans to travel to Beirut to work for his release.

Austin Tice's father, Marc Tice, said in a statement Thursday the family plans to travel to Beirut "soon." Tice declined to elaborate on the timeline during a phone conversation from Houston, Texas. Tice says he wants the family "complete" when they celebrate Thanksgiving later this month.

The 31-year-old former Marine went missing in August. He had been one of a few journalists to report from Damascus. Marc Tice says his last contact with his son was on Aug. 12.

A video clip posted online in early October showed Tice alive and being held by gunmen. It has been the only sign of Tice since his disappearance.



Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Plane Survivor Crawls Out Of Fiery Wreckage
  2. 2
    1 in 7 girls living in developing countries is married before her 15th birthday
  3. 3
    Police arrest pair in hair salon burglaries
  4. 4
    UNC hires Zac Selmon as Associate Director of Athletics
  5. 5
    Wendy's: Tests build-your-own burger
+ show more