Missing man's body found in Grand Lake
Mitchell Ray Cunningham, 32, jumped off a boat dock in the Twin Bridges State Park, which is on the northern arm of Grand Lake. Sail Boat Bridge is west of Grove.
GROVE — The body of a man missing for three days after he jumped off a dock in the Twin Bridges State Park was discovered Saturday morning 20 miles downstream near Sail Boat Bridge.
“The body does match the description of a 32 year old man GRDA and several area fire and rescue departments have been searching for,” said Justin Alberty, Grand River Dam Authority spokesman. “Based on today's recovery, the GRDA police is discontinuing search operations.”
Mitchell Ray Cunningham jumped off a boat dock in the Twin Bridges State Park, which is on the northern arm of Grand Lake. Sail Boat Bridge is west of Grove.
The body has been turned over to the state medical examiner's office in Tulsa, Alberty said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister