Missing man's body found in Grand Lake
Mitchell Ray Cunningham, 32, jumped off a boat dock in the Twin Bridges State Park, which is on the northern arm of Grand Lake. Sail Boat Bridge is west of Grove.
GROVE — The body of a man missing for three days after he jumped off a dock in the Twin Bridges State Park was discovered Saturday morning 20 miles downstream near Sail Boat Bridge.
“The body does match the description of a 32 year old man GRDA and several area fire and rescue departments have been searching for,” said Justin Alberty, Grand River Dam Authority spokesman. “Based on today's recovery, the GRDA police is discontinuing search operations.”
Mitchell Ray Cunningham jumped off a boat dock in the Twin Bridges State Park, which is on the northern arm of Grand Lake. Sail Boat Bridge is west of Grove.
The body has been turned over to the state medical examiner's office in Tulsa, Alberty said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort