Missing woman, 79, found in northwest Oklahoma City creek
Fire officials say the woman, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, had wandered away from her home.
12:55 p.m. The Emergency Medical Services Authority took a 79-year-old woman in critical condition to Oklahoma Heart Hospital, spokeswoman Lara O'Leary.
O'Leary and police have not released the woman's name.
9:35 a.m. A woman who wandered away from her home was found Friday morning in creek in northwest Oklahoma City, a fire department official said.
The 79-year-old woman, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, was found about 9 a.m. in water in the 17900 block of Vermejo Drive, a fire spokeswoman reports.
Her condition was not available.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M