Mississippi River shipping resumes at Ill. lock
ST. LOUIS — A key stretch of the Mississippi River reopened to shipping Wednesday after hasty repairs were made to a lock damaged by a barge, marking the latest victory for stewards of the drought-plagued waterway they have maneuvered to keep open.
That crisis resolved, the Army Corps of Engineers is turning its attention back to the river' creep toward record low levels because of the nation's worst drought in decades. It remains...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M