Missouri AG says he will release dome proposal

Associated Press Modified: May 8, 2012 at 3:33 pm •  Published: May 8, 2012

ST. LOUIS (AP) — The Missouri attorney general will release details next week on how the St. Louis Rams want to renovate the Edward Jones Dome despite the team's desire to keep the plan secret.

The St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission, which runs the dome, and the Rams are in the midst of negotiations aimed at bringing the dome up to top-tier status among the 31 NFL stadiums. Otherwise, the Rams could break their lease and potentially move after the 2014 season.

The CVC presented a plan in February and the Rams presented their counterproposal to the CVC last week. But the counterproposal wasn't made public.

Attorney General Chris Koster said late Monday that his office will release the plans on May 14. He said KTVI-TV requested the documents and they will be released next Monday unless a court ruling keeps them private. Koster sent a letter Monday to St. Louis Circuit Judge Bryan Hettenbach outlining plans to release the documents.

CVC spokeswoman president Kathleen Ratcliffe told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the CVC had no plans to challenge the state's release of documents.

In an emailed statement on Tuesday, CVC spokeswoman Donna Andrews said, "The CVC is a party to the lease. The state of Missouri is not. Their obligations under the Sunshine Law and the lease may be different than ours. A court, not the CVC, will make that decision."

Messages left with the Rams were not returned.

Several media outlets have made open records requests for the Rams' proposal, citing the fact that the dome was built with taxpayer funds from St. Louis, St. Louis County and the state of Missouri. The CVC contends the documents are not subject to Missouri's open records law and that it cannot legally make public any documents that the Rams consider to be confidential.

Continue reading this story on the...