Mitt Romney is best hope to rebuild economy, reduce debt
AND so we've arrived at a critical juncture in the nation's history, a day on which Americans will choose a path to the future.
It will be either be the potholed path that runs through the woods darkly, a trail of uncertainty with no guideposts other than false pledges of hope and change. Or it will be a path of prosperity and promise under Mitt Romney.
NewsOK Related Articles
Four years ago, The Oklahoman was among the voices of the Heartland that warned of the perils of sending Barack Obama to the White House. Oklahomans agreed, giving the GOP nominee their support in all 77 counties. Last December, we urged Republican voters nationwide to coalesce behind Romney in a crowded field of candidates. He overcame a tough campaign season to win the nomination.
Today he goes before the nation as the best hope for rebuilding the economy, reducing the national debt and restoring respect for America. Obama promised to unite the country. Instead, he further divided it. A Romney administration would bring us together with an agenda that will help all Americans prosper. He will not waver from the goal to leave office with a stronger, more stable America than the nation he would inherit from Obama.
The Oklahoman also urges a yes vote for all six state questions:
SQ 758 would limit the growth of property tax assessment valuations to 3 percent annually, a reduction from the current cap of 5 percent.
SQ 759 would ban affirmative action programs in state government employment, education and contracting decisions, prohibiting reverse discrimination in these areas.
SQ 762 would remove the governor from the parole process for nonviolent offenders. The governor's approval would still be required for inmates convicted of violent crimes. Oklahoma is the only state that still pushes every parole application to the governor's desk.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister