Mitt Romney is best hope to rebuild economy, reduce debt
NewsOK Related Articles
SQ 765 would eliminate the Department of Human Services commission. The agency director, who will be a gubernatorial appointee requiring Senate confirmation, would have full charge of the largest component of state government.
SQ 766 would exempt all intangible personal property from the ad valorem tax. Taxing such property would cost citizens millions of dollars and hinder business recruitment.
Finally, three incumbents representing Oklahoma in Congress — Republicans Frank Lucas, Tom Cole and James Lankford — have earned another term. In two other districts with open seats, Republican nominees Markwayne Mullin and Jim Bridenstine are the best candidates on the ballot. In Oklahoma County, Democrat Sheriff John Whetsel has earned another term against a Republican challenger who's injected partisanship into a race where it doesn't belong.
The path to the future begins today with your trip to a polling place. Whether or not you agree with our recommendations, make the journey and vote!
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M