Mitt Romney is best hope to rebuild economy, reduce debt
NewsOK Related Articles
SQ 765 would eliminate the Department of Human Services commission. The agency director, who will be a gubernatorial appointee requiring Senate confirmation, would have full charge of the largest component of state government.
SQ 766 would exempt all intangible personal property from the ad valorem tax. Taxing such property would cost citizens millions of dollars and hinder business recruitment.
Finally, three incumbents representing Oklahoma in Congress — Republicans Frank Lucas, Tom Cole and James Lankford — have earned another term. In two other districts with open seats, Republican nominees Markwayne Mullin and Jim Bridenstine are the best candidates on the ballot. In Oklahoma County, Democrat Sheriff John Whetsel has earned another term against a Republican challenger who's injected partisanship into a race where it doesn't belong.
The path to the future begins today with your trip to a polling place. Whether or not you agree with our recommendations, make the journey and vote!
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena