MLB Draft: Santa Fe’s Ty Hensley selected by Yankees
Pitcher shares moment with friends and family at home. Yankees star CC Sabathia announces Hensley’s name.
As each pick went by during the second half of the Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft, the anticipation grew thicker and thicker.
The number of cameras — and eyes — trained on the couch, where Edmond Santa Fe pitcher Ty Hensley sat, increased every time Bud Selig stepped to the podium to announce another pick.
Finally just before Texas picked No. 29, Hensley’s mom, Marci, came out confident that her son was the pick. Instead, the Rangers selected Florida high school outfielder Lewis Brinson....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers