MLB Draft: Santa Fe’s Ty Hensley selected by Yankees
Pitcher shares moment with friends and family at home. Yankees star CC Sabathia announces Hensley’s name.
As each pick went by during the second half of the Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft, the anticipation grew thicker and thicker.
The number of cameras — and eyes — trained on the couch, where Edmond Santa Fe pitcher Ty Hensley sat, increased every time Bud Selig stepped to the podium to announce another pick.
Finally just before Texas picked No. 29, Hensley’s mom, Marci, came out confident that her son was the pick. Instead, the Rangers selected Florida high school outfielder Lewis Brinson....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 82753Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 43754Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33000Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23187Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 22920Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8406Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8041Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman