MMA: Former OSU wrestler Daniel Cormier headlining Strikeforce event in OKC
* When: 6:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 3
* Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena
The heavyweight fight between former Oklahoma State wrestler Daniel Cormier and former UFC champion Frank Mir will headline the card.
Tickets start at $50 and are available at the Chesapeake Arena box office or any ticketmaster.com location.
But he had to work on many of the skills that he needed to be a successful fighter. Punching. Kicking. Even taking a punch. He'd never done any of that.
“Before, I just closed my eyes,” he said of punching.
“I'm looking dead at ‘em.”
Cormier still marvels at how quickly his career has taken off. Three years ago, he was only watching big-time professional bouts. In November, he will be taking on one of the sport's best heavyweights.
“This is exactly what I want to be doing right now, fighting guys like that,” Cormier said.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?