Modano returns to Stars for 20th season in Texas
DALLAS (AP) — Mike Modano is returning to the Dallas Stars for their 20th anniversary season, though he won't be on the ice.
The Stars on Thursday announced the hiring of Modano as an executive adviser. The U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame inductee will work on initiatives related to the ownership group, team broadcasts and corporate partnership. The highest-scoring American-born player in NHL history, he had 1,359 points in 1,459 games over 21 seasons, and helped the Stars win the 1999 Stanley Cup title.
The team also hired three-time Stanley Cup champion Mark Recchi in hockey operations and former Stars goaltender Marty Turco as an analyst on the team's broadcasts.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation