Mohawk Industries buying Spano Invest for $168M
CALHOUN, Ga. (AP) — Floorcovering company Mohawk Industries Inc. is buying Belgian panel board maker Spano Invest NV for $168 million in cash so that it can expand its product offerings.
Spano makes and distributes chip and melamine board, which are used to produce furniture and building products mostly in the Belgian market.
The deal is expected to close during the second half of this year.
Mohawk Industries Inc. is based in Calhoun, Ga.
Its shares finished at $102.47 on Friday after rising to a 52-week high of $102.52 earlier in the session. They are up 72 percent since hitting a low for the past year of $59.69 last March.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister